All individuals in the The Educator Academy Network are eligible to attend The Summit. This includes all Residents, Graduates, Mentor Teachers, Alum, and leadership at School Partners. In addition, each individual is able to bring a guest. You can reserve a ticket for a friend when you reserve your spot. Your plus one does not need to be a part of the The Educator Academy network.
The Summit is Saturday, February 25th, from 10AM-5PM.
For teachers at KCPS, this does count as PD hours. Show proof of registration to your admin to receive credit.
All individuals will receive content related to their work, opportunities for connection, and professional headshots. As a celebration of the work you do, all attendees of the Summit will receive specially curated Summit gift bags, including T-shirts from Charlie Hustle. Thanks to our sponsors, we’ll also have giveaways to raffle at the end of the day with a grand prize staycation with Loews Hotel! Our other prizes include coffee from PH, gift card to Black&Brown, plus other local KC goodies.
Wear whatever makes you comfortable. You are welcome to bring a change of clothes if you have a specific outfit you want to wear for professional headshots, and have a different outfit you want to wear for the rest of the day. If you intend to participate in restorative yoga or painting connection sessions, be sure to wear clothing that you are comfortable moving around in.
If you are attending the headshot breakout session, here are the details:
- There will be a form for you to fill out with your email address at the time of the session. You will receive all communication for your headshot through that email. You will only have access to your images.
- You will receive 3 images in total.
- The window in which you will receive your photos will be March 2, 2023 – March 9, 2023.
- An email will be sent to you following the conference’s conclusion from Aryiel@educator-academy.org. Additional instructions will be provided.
The CDC updated their risk levels – Jackson county is now “Medium”, which means masks are optional. As of right now, our venue does not require wearing a mask. If this changes, we will update all registered attendees via email.
- We will have masks available on-site.
- If you prefer to provide your own, please do!
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home to provide safety to the rest of our attendees.